Peterborough, ON – IAM Local Lodge 905, representing the highly-skilled members at Safran Electronics & Defence Peterborough, is pleased to announce the successful negotiation of a new collective agreement with the company. This agreement, effective immediately, brings substantial benefits to our members.
Highlights of the agreement include:
- Wage Enhancements: Members will enjoy meaningful wage increases, with increments of 5%, 4%, and 3%.
- Enhanced Benefits: We’ve achieved improvements in crucial areas such as boot allowance, vision care coverage, and shift premiums.
- Pre-Retirement Options: For those nearing retirement, there’s now the choice to work a 10-hour shift with a 3-day workweek.
- Category Advancements: Categories have been elevated from 1 to 3.
- Skill-Based Advancement: Members will now have a quicker path for advancement based on their skill levels, reducing the waiting period from 2 years.
This newly-ratified multi-year agreement secures job stability and security for our team of 29 members. We are proud to highlight the commitment from the company to refrain from any layoffs during the challenging COVID-19 pandemic period.
It’s important to note that Safran Electronics & Defence Peterborough has recently announced its intention to be put up for sale, a disclosure made during our negotiation discussions.
Gary Hynes, Grand Lodge Representative (GLR) said of the negotiations, “Our team played a crucial role in these negotiations, tirelessly advocating for the best interests of our members. Despite the hurdles we faced, we think the agreement is fair and are glad the members supported it.”
Members of Local Lodge 905 in Peterborough assemble electronic circuitry for gas turbine controls, aircraft braking controls, landing gear steering controls, de-icing controls and propeller pitch feed controls for the aviation industry.
For further information, please contact:
GLR, IAM Canada
IAM Canada Communications